The rise of antibiotic-resistant bacteria has become a global health...Read More
- 48% Medical Grade Honey
- Hypoallergenic lanolin
- Sunflower oil
- Cod liver oil
- Calendula Officinalis
- Aloe Barbadensis
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
- Zinc oxide
How to Apply L-Mesitran Border
When applying L-Mesitran Border, please follow these steps:
- Clean the wound (follow the protocol).
- Open the tube (use the the cap).
- Squeeze L-Mesitran Ointment on a clean spatula.
- Apply it to the wound, remember to cover the edges too.
- Cover the wound with a secondary dressing.
- Dispose of the waste appropriatly
How does L-Mesitran Border work?
When the Border is in contact with the wound, fluid is drawn from the surrounding tissues through osmosis. By doing so, a moist wound healing environment is created, which stimulates the wound healing process, aids wound bed preparation by facilitating autolysis of necrotic and other devitalized material, and promotes better epithelial cell migration.
L-Mesitran Border has antimicrobial properties due to its strong osmotic activity. The Ointment will dilute gradually and can be removed easily as per local wound cleansing protocols. Border is a primary wound dressing that can be covered with the commonly used secondary dressings. The properties of L-Mesitran Border also help prevent the secondary dressing from adhering to the wound bed.
L-Mesitran Ointment Indications
- Chronic wounds
- Pressure ulcers (Stage I – IV)
- Venous stasis ulcers
- Fungating wounds (to help deodorise and/or debride)
- Colonised acute wounds
- Surgical wounds
- Postoperative wounds
- Traumatic wounds (superficial wounds, cuts)
- Small burn and laser wounds (superficial and partial thickness burns)
- Do not use L-Mesitran Ointment on patients who are known to be hypersensitive to it or any of its ingredients.
- No other contraindications are known to date.